Sunday 30 May 2010

Collection 2000 - Perfecting Minerals Foundation

Hello there my foundation hunting sisters!!

So, like most of you, I am constantly on the look-out for a truly fabulous foundation that will take away all my skin worries. Over the years I have tried sooooooo many. Most of which I have been unhappy with.

***

Brief History:-

For a couple of years I used L'Oreal Cashmere Touch (I think it was called) it made my skin look smooth, but always went patchy as it slid off my face.

I moved on to Estee Lauder Double Wear. I love how this foundation actually stays put. And no patchyness!!! But my pores started to look more obvious. (Review coming up soon)

Therefore, around March I began using the Bare Minerals foundation after purchasing the get started 6 piece collection. (Again review coming soon)

However, the Bare Minerals is around £17 for 2g worth of foundation, which lasted me around 2 months. I had to find a cheaper alternative.

***


There are LOADS of mineral products out there, but I stumbled across the Perfecting Minerals and it was £5 for 15g! For that price I will try anything!

I LOVE this foundation. For the price it is amazing. I pop on my moisturiser and primer and smooth it on and my skin looks lovely. It just evens out my complexion beautifully whilst remaining natural, which I like for the day.

It's a bit thicker than other mineral products I have tried so it doesn't need building up, it just goes on like foundation, with the benefit of not having to blend the jaw line!! Oh, and it has a brush included - but it shreds loads so you probably won't use it.


Here's what it looks like on my skin (phone pics so not too clear)...

Please excuse my sleepy eyes, I have not slept more than 6 hours max a night in 2 weeks and it was first thing in the morning!

Advantages:-

  1. It is super cheap and there is loads!!
  2. Very smooth on skin
  3. My skin looks bright and it smooths out my pores.

Disadvantages:-

  1. When my skin gets hot it can itch a little (but I mean when I get really hot)
  2. It probably needs touching up to look perfect all day - although I don't because my skin looks even all day.
  3. There aren't enough shades (only 4). I use the darkest shade in Biscuit and it's too light so I always have to put Bare Minerals warmth on too.

I would definately recommend trying this, I was very pleasantly surprised!

Giddy Princess xxx

11 comments:

Sara said...

thanks for the review.. was really helpful :)

3ate4 said...

Shall have to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

You are so tan! And that foundation looks really nice, UK products make me feel sad hahaha xxxx

Viva La Fashion said...

i love it when things are cheap! :)

Dani B said...

@ Sarah H. - glad you found it helpful lady!

@3ate4 - you should really try it, I think its fabulous - especically for the price! Let me know if you like it as much as I do!!

@Ariel - Awww, you need to take a trip over here so that you can pick up a load of stuff!!!

@Viva La Fashion - I love it when things are cheap too - especially when they are good!!! Happytimes!

Dani B said...

@ Sara.H - I am very sorry hunni - I just realised I added an extra "H" to your name. Please ignore my silly tiredness!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've awarded you a blog love award!

SilhouetteScreams said...

Awwh it sounds great :) pity they dont have Collection 2000 in Australia, they seem to have really nice products.

Becka said...

Great review :)

Btw...I nominated you for an award on my blog :) xx

Becka said...

Great review :)

Btw...I nominated you for an award on my blog :) xx

Dani B said...

Awwwww thank you girlie!!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...