Wednesday 26 May 2010

Jolene Creme Bleach - Before and After...

Hey peeps!!

Some of you may be familiar with this product as it has been around forever, is cheap and can be bought from most chemists. But for those of you who are not, it looks like this...







Although the one I use has a pink stipe along the bottom as it is the milder formula for sensitive skin.

As you can see, you get a spatula, two tubs and you also get a mixing board which isn't pictured here.

The instructions say to mix 1/4 tsp of the powder with 1/2 tsp of the creme. You must mix until no lumps, although I have never achieved this and I have been using it for 7 years!!!

I am olive skin toned with dark brown hair, but in the winter I am pretty pale, so the darker hairs on my skin show a lot. So much so a boy once at high school once said "gosh your arms are hairier than mine"! I was 14. So you can only imagine how that made me feel.

So it was only natural that I would try this. I used to use it on my arms and tummy and it was only after about 2 years that I started using it on my face, because prior to that it hadn't really been a problem and if I felt a bit hairy on the face I would just use hair removal cream.

Anyway, after around 6months of bleaching my arms I got bored and have been shaving them ever since.

However I now regularly bleach the hair on my face to avoid it showing up as it's a nightmare with my foundations and very embarrasing!

Because I am nice though I left it that bit longer to show you how this works... Please be kind - I am practically showing you my soul by showing you my before and after shots but here they are:-
(Click on the photo's for the full effect)


Before

After

So you can see that on the first pic I have lots of dark hair around the mouth and also the jaw area. It's horrendous.

However, obviously it's not gone on the second pic, but its much less noticeable and my makeup goes on fine with it. Which for me is fine.

Personally, I would rather bleach than remove if I can because I then don't have to deal with the re-growth.

In order to do this I left it on for around 20 mins. The instructions say 5 - 10 but that you can leave for longer. I find that the best results are if you leave it for around 20.

By the way it BURNS!!! My face was killing for the first 5 - 10 mins, but this happens every time.

Aside from that though I never have any irritation and my skin is perfectly fine afterwards!

I would seriously recommend this, it retails at around £5.00 and lasts AGES. However, if you have a dark skin tone I wouldn't recommend this as I have both family and friends who have tried it and said it made the hairs on their face more obvious because they were blonde!!! They swear by laser treatment, but its a bit pricey for me!!

Let me know your thoughts and opinions, or if you have any good hints and tips for concealing or removing unwanted facial hair!!

Giddy Princess xxx



21 comments:

Eden Angel said...

I've been using the Boots own brand one and it works really really well. You get 2 tubes of cream that you mix together. There is no powder so you don't have to worry about getting lumps. Leave for 10 minutes and wash off!
Their facial wax strips are rubbish though. They work for my mum but not for me at my hair is a lot thicker and stronger.
I also use hair removal cream on the upper lip and between the brows.
I think I will get laser treatment... one day! x

missy_ellie_uk said...

I also like the Boots Own one, I prefer the consistency of it to Jolene. But your before pic is honestly not that noticeable - mine is way worse lol!

*Creme Cup* said...

I prefer the boots one, it doesn't burn and works just as well, definitely reccommend it x

LatBeautyAddict said...

Thanks for your comments girls!

It's great to hear of new products that work just as well.

Will be buying the Boots one to try next given your good experiences with it. Especially if there is no burning!!!

natalielinsay said...

i have the exact same problem as you, i really thought i was the only one so i feel much better now, lol thanks! i use jolen too and like you have NEVER been able to make some up 'lump free' they need to sort the burn out too! but after hearing about the boots one i might give it a whirl :) xoxo

Dani B said...

Awww glad you liked it lady. You are not alone haha!!

You will have to let me know how you get on with the Boots one. Next time I need to "bleach" (haha) I will try the Boots and let you know how I find it!!

Giddy Princess xx

Lucy said...

I'm so glad you did this post! It's such a big problem for so many women, but no one ever talks about it. I've been using this for around 2 years now and I love it.
It's such a useful product, plus you don't get the worry of strange prickly hair like you do with shaving.
Although it is definitely true that we notice these things more on ourselves than others :)

Great Post.

Lou
xx

Rainbows and Buttons

Amy said...

I use this on my top lip and I really love it :) so affordable too xxx

R.M said...

I have just started bleaching using Jolen few weeks ago, and I think it works great on my upper lip and chin! :) But I've heard that it will cause those facial hairs to grow longer and darker. Was wondering if this is true? :X Seriously hope not!

Allan said...

This is truly helpful review.Hair Loss Treatment Delhi thank you for sharing such helpful post

jade said...

This is the lotion version, as you know by now lotions are good for naturally fair people. bleaching cream for black spot

Unknown said...

Visit Y&H Cargo India for Shipping and Freight Forwarding Services.
Logistics Company in Delhi

Mutual Fundwala said...

Get the best Investment Schemes and Mutual Find Advise by professional and well experienced mutual fund advisor.
Mutual Fund Agent

Kala Kutir said...

Nice Blog, keep it up for more information like this. Visit our page for lifestyle magazine.
Lifestyle Magazine India

Just Info said...

One the best information, I have found in this blog. Visit Kalakutir of the best services for the Commercial Vehicle Wrap, Vinyl Signage Printing and School Bus Painting.
Vinyl Signage Printing

Olivia said...



Thank you for the information. I will be reviewing it soon and will let you know if we have any follow-up questions.
Laser hair bleaching in Dubai

Tripu Design said...

best web design company in delhi
best web designing company in delhi
best web development company in delhi
best website design company in delhi
best website designing company delhi
best website designing company in delhi
best website designing company in delhi ncr
best website development company in delhi
designing company in delhi
ecommerce website development company in delhi
ecommerce website development delhi
responsive website designing company in delhi
top web designing company in delhi
web design company delhi
web design company in gurgaon
web design delhi
web design in delhi
web design services in delhi
web designer delhi
web designer in delhi
web designing company delhi
web designing delhi
web designing services
website company in delhi
website design and development company in delhi
website design company delhi
website design company delhi ncr
website design company in delhi
website design delhi
website design services in delhi
website designers in delhi
website designing agency in delhi
website designing companies in delhi
website designing company delhi
website designing company in delhi
website designing company in delhi ncr
website designing company in gurgaon
website designing delhi
website designing in delhi ncr
website designing services
website designing services delhi
website designing services in delhi
website designing services india
website services in delhi

Rija Ashal said...

Thanks for sharing such a valuable information it was very helpful
Laser Hair Bleaching in Dubai

Online Front said...

I use to read the blogs on daily bases, but today i found your blog quite interesting and unique, providing the great information and helpful to all. Keep it up and waiting for your latest updates thanks. We offers multiple services in digital marketing, some of our services are:
Digital marketing Company
SMM Services
PPC Services in Delhi
Website Design & Development Packages
Web Development Packages
Web Development Package
Social Media Management Packages
Social Media Management Services

rohaakhan said...

Thankyou For sharing a beneficial information.Also visit my article laser hair bleaching in dubai

Bala Ji said...

really nice required information & the things i never imagined and i would request, wright more blog and blog post like that for us. Thanks you once agian
Name change ad in newspaper punjab.
Marriage certificate in faridabad
Marriage registration in gurgaon
marriage registration in gurgaon
Marriage registration noida
Name add in birth certificate
Marriage registration in gurgaon
birth certificate in gurgaon
Marriage registration in ghaziabad
Name change procedure in india

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...