Friday 28 May 2010

Ruby & Millie Face Gloss

Ok so I don't want to spend ages reviewing this product, so this should be a quick post.

This product was an impulse buy when Boots were giving us £5 off No7 and Ruby and Millie products.

The plan was that it would give a nice "flush" to the cheeks and could perhaps be used as a base colour or maybe built up if I wanted it to be a bit deeper.

I was wrong. What a total waste of my money. It retails at £12.50 (day light robbery) so I paid £7.50. Still expensive if a product doesn't work...

Basically, I use this and all it does is create a layer of grease on my face. It is disgusting, even better it rubs off my makeup and highlights my pores. Lovely, if you want to look like a greasy mess. Also, I tried it as a lip stain - no colour and tastes vile.

It appears the daily mail agree also putting this under their "DON'T BOTHER" section of "rosy cheeks in the winter weeks" article.

There are (surprisingly) some positive reviews on the makeupalley.com website, but I would still say steer clear.

Sorry this couldn't be a more positive review :( I was hoping to bring good news but unfortunately, it just doesn't cut it.

Giddy Princess xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, it's always good to know about products, good or bad and I certainly won't be buying this.

I've nominated you for a "Blog Love" award, check out my latest post for it.

Eden Angel said...

I tried a tester on my hand and it was exactly as you described it. I expected a flush of colour but there was no colour at all. It was really hard and dry too so I would imagine it would drag your skin as you apply it to your cheeks xx

LatBeautyAddict said...

@ Helen [In Elegance] - thanks for the award lovely!! Love the concept! Going to have lots of fun designing one here!! xx

@ me:) - it's such a dissapointing product. I was being far too optimistic when I bought it. xx

R&Я said...

aww i miss boots. i spent last summer in london and there's no boots in new york.

anyway... i'm now following you!


follow me! at: http://rachelnextdoor.blogspot.com/

LatBeautyAddict said...

Awwww, you have lots of other good things in New York to makeup for it though!!
I was loving CVS whilst I was there haha!!

Thanks for following lady - we are now following you also! x

missy_ellie_uk said...

I totally agree, every time I go near Ruby & Millie I head for these as they *look* like they should be great. Even on my pale skin though, they do not show up at all. What's the point?!

Dani B said...

@ missy_ellie_uk - it's soooooo annoying isn't it!! This product certainly needs to be more pigmented for me, and if it doesn't show up even on paler skin it just doesn't make sense how it is meant to work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...