Thursday 20 May 2010

Yellow Nails Anyone!??

So today I picked up 17 Last Fix Nail Polish from Boots in shade "Sherbet Lemon". It looked stunning in the bottle and well, I simply love sherbet lemons!!



I was pretty excited to try this too as it was a pastelly yellow and given I seem to be obsessed with pastel anything at the moment (yes I am talking eyes, lips, nails, clothes!) I thought it would be very pretty.


Now I am not so sure, but I think that is down to the polish more than the colour as such!

Without Flash...

With Flash...


I am really not sure about this. I need to see it in natural light I think. It jus seems a bit too yellow at the moment rather than pastelly. But seriously talk about TERRIBLE brush. The bristles are a pain! It just streaks upon contact! Not good. Even after 2 -3 coats it is still streaky. Well I am not putting any more on or my nails won't dry for the rest of my life!
I seriously don't get it though because I already have nail varnishes in this range which are fine!!!!
What are your thoughts on the colour ladies???
Giddy P xx


15 comments:

Marie said...

It's a nice shade but won't go well with all colors in terms of wardrobe.

http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
...and everything girly under the sun!

Laura @ The Beauty Sanctum said...

Oh it looks like such a pretty shade, I was umming and ahhing over it today earlier on in Boots but decided not tog et it - Probably a good idea if you're saying the brush makes it streak, total pet hate!

Thanks for posting!

Xx

http://thebeautysanctum.blogspot.com/

Christina said...

Oh this is an very interesting color!
Must check if i can find here one that is similar to your one.

Btw. thanks for you comment on my blog. I got the 88 eyeshadow palette from ebay.com - price was about 2 dollar. So quite cheap and these are the same one you get from companies like e.g. coastal scents. But they sell it for more, only because they put their lable on these palettes. But check out ebay.com, with shipping you pay about 10 dollar :)

missy_ellie_uk said...

I have this and I love it! It does take some getting used to though. I use Seche Vite as it takes ages to dry, and I think it needs a glossy top coat over it. x

The Kissters said...

love the yellow nails! very summer-y. :)

thekissters

tracymiami said...

Hey honey

Wicked blog :o)

I have a lemon from Models Own and I am a tad scared of it lol. Lemon is a funny colour but I bet i will be wearing it soon. Have you tried any Models Own they are wicked

t x

Anonymous said...

I've tagged you for a blog award :-)
http://misssammiwrites.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-blog-award.html

Hardcore Makeup Junkie said...

Thanks for following :) I'm following you too now!

Cute blog.

XOXO

hardcoremakeupjunkie.com

Kata Wagner Berg said...

I have been at the nail salon today...I don't like my nails right now..I miss my Hungarian nail designer ;(
I wish to have a nails like on the picture :)
have a great weekend!

Carrie said...

it actually looks really nice. i love wearing bright nailpolish. right now, i have a greenish shade on.

i am now a new follower. follow me too?
http://www.readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com

Musicalhouses said...

For some reason I've been seeing yellow all over the place now...I like how the colour looks on you but I'm kind of afraid to try it on myself. LOL.

jennahei said...

Very summery, love it :)

samwells87 said...

I have done a review of this nail varnish and two of the other shades in the collection!!

http://seetheworld-samwells87.blogspot.com/

Love reading ur blog!!

LatBeautyAddict said...

Thanks for all the comments girls!!

I will have to try some more unusual colours on the nails!!!

Isobel said...

Uh oh! I was thinking about buying a 17 nail polish however if the brush isn't very good... xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...