Monday 14 June 2010

Bare Escentuals: Prime Time

As some of you may now know, having read some of my previous posts, I started using mineral makeup around March time.

The main reason for this was that I had been using heavier foundations and my skin had changed so they didn't seem to apply as nicely.

Also, you may have also read about the issues I have previously had with primers, particularly with them making my pores look worse not better!

So how relieved was I when I tried this little beauty...

It retails at £18 and is described as

A preservative-free foundation primer developed to combat flaky dryness, fine lines, excess oil, and enlarged pores. This bareMinerals-infused formula glides on with no tacky feel to provide a skin-smoothing complexion prior to applying bareMinerals SPF 15 foundation


So what do I think of this primer??

I think it's fantastic. It really really helps my skin. Having slightly larger pores than I would like this acts as a lovely smoothing base for my makeup. It glides on, and whilst it feels kind of oil on your fingers it just seeps into the skin leaving it smooth for application.

I have used this both with and without moisturiser and mixed with moisturiser (it works really well with Boots Vanishing Day Cream) and I always get good results no matter what.

It's not mattifying, although there is an oil control primer available from Bare Escentuals for those of you with oily skin.

My skin is combination I would say, so this is perfect. I used to suffer with dry flaky patches when applying foundation and I have never suffered from this since using this primer.

What I like the most though is that it works AMAZINGLY under my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation also. This is great because some days I want heavier coverage and some days I don't. It just depends on my makeup mood and whether I want my makeup natural or more "done up". So I love that I now have the option to wear either again.

The main thing about this primer is that it makes my skin look better underneath my foundation. I have noticed that my makeup lasts a little longer, but not as much as some others have made it last.

That said, I prefer not to use ANY of the primers that make my makeup stay put all day and all night because so far they have been really drying and unflattering on my skin.

So would I re-purchase/recommend?

Without a doubt!! I think that this is really reasonably priced at £18 because for me it does exactly what it says it will, which lets face it, isn't usually the case!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...