Monday 1 November 2010

The Body Shop - Shimmer Cube in Ice Cool Eyes


I don't get all that much makeup from The Body Shop, and I think the only explanation is the price. I like the products a lot, but that's it really, I 'LIKE' them - I'm just never wowed.

However saying that, I have been eyeing up their Shimmer Cubes for sometime, with the Ice Cool Eyes being my favourite. But once again the only thing that was off putting was the price, at £16.00 its was just too much for 4 eye shadows.

Luckily they do have good sales, so I picked this up over the summer for £8.00, not cheap but a lot more reasonable. (Current £5.00 online).

The colours just looked fab and right up my street, and I loved the fact that all the colours have separate lids - AMAZING and very portable. The colours included are a Pearly White, Precious Pink, Green Shimmer and Silver Sparkle.

Overall I love the colours - I like to keep things very neutral for work so these are perfect. The colour pay off is good and I think the pictures below have really picked up the colours well. I did have to do a few swaps to get a good swatch of the white, but I think that can be forgiven. I usually apply over UDPP so its not a problem as this really helps to pick the colour up (I would add in relation to eyeshadow primer, that I have used these without and they stay quite well - only minimal creases after a 10 hour day)

(Flash)
(No flash)
L-R - Shade 3 Green Shimmer, Shade 2 Precious Pink, Shade 1 Pearly White, Shade 4 Silver Sparkle

Verdict -
Definitely a Body Shop product I love and would highly recommend checking them out.

7 comments:

missy_ellie_uk said...

I have these, I use the pink one a lot. I got them as a present, but I don't think I would have paid £16 for them! For £8 though, a good buy I think! x

LatBeautyAddict said...

Agreed - gutted they're now £5. Loving the pink too, and its not usually my colour.

Lx

Anonymous said...

I always dismiss Body Shop for makeup, don't know why really as it it laid out user friendly, no annoying SA, but I just walk on by, daft really because these look lovely colours and I am depriving myself. Thankyou. Jan x

LatBeautyAddict said...

@lipstickmama - I'm the same, really don't know what it is about the place

Lx

" A beauty blogger named Justine " said...

I saw this in the body shop and I really like the body butters and scrubs they make my skin super soft!! :) xx

Marisa said...

The body shop has so much cute stuff! Never tried their eye shadows though they look lovely (:

blushingpossum said...

Great post! I just wrote a review about this lovely product (in palette 06) -- considering that I had it for 3 years now. It's my HG neutral shimmer shadows!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...