Tuesday 9 November 2010

Liz Earle Moisturisers Review

So with winter well and truly here - so cold up North today! I'm in desperate need of a winter moisturiser.

Luckily the lovely people at Liz Earle offered to send over their Skin Repair and Superskin moisturisers for me to try. I had just finished my Neal's Yard Orange Flower daily moisturiser and wasn't sure what to use next, as nothing had really been working for me and if anything I was ending up with more dry skin, so it was perfect timing.

Now I absolutely love Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and you can see my review here, so I had high hopes for these.

Firstly I was sent the Skin Repair for Dry Skin, as per my request for my skin requirements.

I've been using this once a day as a night cream, as I found it quite heavy for the day. It sinks into my skin really well and I love how my skin looks the next day. It feels super soft - gorgeous. Some people may be off put by the tickness of the cream, but for my skin and anyone else with dry skin - this is perfect for winter. Also I have a tendency for regular breakouts, but this didn't seem to cause me any problems - which is a small miracle.

Overall I love it! However I do have an issue with the product, the smell. Now its probably just me, as I do have SERIOUS issues with fragranced products. I don't like anything strong and for me this is a little bit overpowering - but for others this once again won't be a problem and don't get me wrong, it hasn't stopped me using it but I would prefer a fragranced free moisturiser.

So I also received the Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser,

Can I just start with saying, I LOVE this! I've been using this as my daily morning moisturiser every day since I got it. I just apply it after I tone in the mornings.

Once again it sinks in well, even though it looks quite thick in the tub. My face is left hydrated but not greasy, and it hasn't caused any problems with my foundation.

My skin condition has so improved since using this along with the Cleanse and Polish. I would even go as far as to say its glowing!! Also I prefer the smell to this one, its not as strong - so perfect for me.

And as an added bonus, a little goes a long way with both moisturisers.

Overall, I wasn't disappointment, both moisturiser are fantastic for winter. Have to admit that the Superskin is my favourite though - will definitely be re-purchasing when mine runs out.

1 comment:

G said...

Great Post.

The Cleanse and Polish is my HG. Haven't tried the moisturisers yet. I use Nivea in the winter - shockingly just the simple one in the blue tub.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...