Friday 3 December 2010

Make-up and Products Storage

I don't particularly have much room for storage in our flat especially after having our little girl. I tend to get my make-up on in the bathroom and recently I have been trying to get everything organised in there, as it kept getting really untidy (and it's getting on my nerves). So I thought I would just show you how I am currently storing all my make-up, below is now how my window shelve in the bathroom looks.

I have recently just found this unit at the back of my wardrobe, though it is missing a draw (I just can't find it) its perfect for my make-up. I have found this really handy to use. I was just using a basket before for my main essentials but I could never find anything but now I can get to everything I want and it keeps everything neatly away. I have tried to separate out all my make-up by eyeshadows, lippies, foundation/face, mascara/brushes/eyeliners. I do still have abag of items that I rarely use as well but I can't squeeze them in just now, hopefully I can find the other draw. I now just need to get my husband to paint it plum or grey to match in with my bathroom.

The two baskets below are from Next and they hold my essential moisturisers, eye make-up removers, tweezers, some lip balms, eye creams, and my current cleanser and toner. These cost me £10 and you can still get them from here, they also come in different colours as well.



My favourite item in the bathroom is the jar below it is from Ikea and I had got around 8 of these in the summer for my wedding as we had a sweet buffet, these come with a lid and are 59p so a bargain. L now wants one for her bathroom as well, currently our poor mum has them all in her attic. After having soooo many left I decided it would be handy to use for my cotton wool in bathroom. I don't really have any room to use them in my kitchen, again we struggle for space in there!



I am still trying to find the perfect storage for all my make-up and cosmetics, or as husband would say 'crap'. These will do me for now but any ideas or suggestion would be great! But I still need to get a make-up brush holder and something better for my nail varnish.


7 comments:

nicoletta said...

I love the jar for the cotton wool. I will be looking for one when i go to ikea, great idea. I also have the storage chest but i keep my jewelry in it now but i have used it for makeup before and it's fab. Good old Ikea xx

BeautyH2T said...

I have those jars too, have one with cotton balls one with cotton pads and one with cotton buds- clearly a cotton wool addiction from me :)

Will put a pic of my storage up soon but if you have any room ikea do a tall slim dresser that is PERFECT For makeup holding xx

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

You are giving me good ideas.

Leah ♥ said...

how clever! Love the ideas :)

theroyalblush.blogspot.com

Sherrie said...

Brill hunnie! TKmaxx often have little bits. I love going there. There always seems to big something different! I like the cotton wools storage! x

Unknown said...

Thanks for comments!

@BeautyH2T I will look at the dresser, thanks.

@sherrie TKmaxx are great for bits for the house, I need to have a look

Unknown said...

Pencil cases are quite good I find for make-up storage, as they fit mascara wands and eyebrow or eyeliner pencils in very neatly and can be zipped up. My mum keeps hers in vintage tins she picks up from yard sales as they’re really cheap, but look really funky too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...