Friday, 31 December 2010
After having trouble deciding on what to buy I just settled on Cosmic Purple, though L has since gone back and got more!
The colour is a mixture of purple, blue, pink and even a little bit of silver glitter, but the actual varnish is a thin purple. I have used two coats in the picture and I feel that it looked good with just the two coats. My brush is a bit rubbish but I still managed to apply it better than some brands I own! The varnish does have that glitter feel to the finish so you could do with using a top coat.
But for £1.50 I love this colour and L will hopefully be showing you some more colours shortly, and when I go back to Wales I am going to get some more!
Have you tried any W7? what colour are you rocking this New Year's?
The set contains 12 nail varnishes (it had retailed at £16) and it was available in Boots before Christmas, and you can still get some in the Sales if they are still left. The set is spilt into Latin, Ballroom and and Salsa, my favourites are the Latin!
Thursday, 30 December 2010
· Accessorize Make-up – This year Accessorize make-up has been my best find, the products are great prices, the packaging is lovely and the colour choice is great! See review here
· Bobby Brown Moisture Rich Foundation SPF 15 - I have this in Alabaster (00), I got this when K and I went to London for Britain Next Top Model Live and we went to Harrods. I love the coverage I get with this foundation and for once it was great to see they had a colour that matched my pale skin!(this retails at £26) - a full review shortly.
· Benefit Erase Paste – I have only just done a post recently on rediscovering this product here, K and I both use it and love it (retails at around £18.50)
- Naked Hair care – This has been a great find for me this year I wanted something that was SLS and paraben free (retails at £3.99 for 250ml). I love the smell and how it leaves my hair, see our review here. I also would love to try their new face care range.
- Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish – This is my all time Love!!! I am even converting K to try it now (I know shock horror! She still has not tried it!)
Hand & Body:
- Soap & Glory Hand Food - a lovely scented non greasy hand cream which has been great over the cold period (retails at £4.75 for 125ml).
- The Body Shop Raspberry Body Butter - I love the body butters from The Body Shop and have always enjoyed using them, they are thick and creamy but absorb well. I now love them more due to the Raspberry one, its gorgeous! (£12.50 for 200ml).
- Nails Inc London - I got this free over the summer with Diet Coke and I love it, its my go to nail varnish! you can see the colour here.
- Benefit Benetint – I cannot live without this item, that might sound a bit dramatic but I use this every day. (retails at around £23.50)
· Tigi Bedhead After Party – Again I have used this for years and love it! It is a smoothing cream for your hair and I use it once I have straighten my hair and I end up with loads of fly-away and static bits of hair. The best part to all Tigi Bedhead products is the smell...they are yummy! (retails at around £8-£10 for 100ml)
· Vichy Nordmaderm Purifying Astringent Toner (retails at around £10 for 200ml) & Vichy 3 in 1 Cleanser (retails at around £10 for 200ml) – I have to say I have really been enjoying using both of these in my facial routine.
· Clinique Anti Blemish Solution – this is a fast drying gel like solution that you squirt onto a spot (the earlier the better) and it reduces redness and the spot! I have been using this for years and my Hubby also borrows it occasionally. It can sometimes dry the area out too much but it hasn’t stopped me using it! (retails at around £12 for 15ml)
Hand & Body:
· Vaseline Hand & Nail Lotion – I spotted this by the till in Boots a while back and have been using it since, it has a lovely smell and is a light lotion that absorbs well into your hands. (retails at £2.41 for 75ml)
· Nivea Hand SOS Intensive Balm – This is an amazing thick balm that absorbs brilliantly into your hands and it has been a great help this winter(I got this for £2 for a 50ml from Savers)
· E.L.F Nail varnishes – I have loved the E.L.F nail varnishes this year and have picked up loads of colours and there are still loads I want. They are a bargain but I think they apply well. (retails at £1.50) see here for our reviews.
· Accessorize Nail Polishes – L and I have loved Accessorize make-up this year and I particularly like the nail polishes. The colour choice is great from brights to pastels to glitter and dark vampy polish(retails at £4) see here for our reviews.
Tuesday, 28 December 2010
Firstly I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is looking forward to New Year. I had a lovely Christmas Day and a great Christmas Day Mark 2 back in Wales. As I had two separate Christmas Day's I went for two different nail colours.
The first one I went for was George Shock which is £1.50. It's a lovely bright red with a gold shimmer!
I love this colour, it felt really Christmassy! And it went with my outfit.
The second colour was from 17 High Gloss in Shpinx which is a pale shimmery gold £3.49.
This went with my knitted dress that I wore Christmas Day Mark 2. The dress had gold embellished shoulders so I wanted gold nails and this seemed to suit me the best!
What Christmas nails did you go for?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Monday, 27 December 2010
Friday, 24 December 2010
Thursday, 23 December 2010
Has anyone else tried any of the range? what are your thoughts?
Wednesday, 22 December 2010
I'm the women in the new Boots advert who shows her other half the three free items she got at Boots and the six items she got herself.
Oh well here are some more of my recent additions but this time for my wardrobe.
I've got picture of the original items as well, as my picture is rubbish. I'm still having to use my iPhone as my poor camera is still not right after its little accident on Honeymoon. Can't afford a new one just yet :(.
Tuesday, 21 December 2010
I had brought myself 3 nail varnishes in Metal Madness (Xmas Nails), Cranberry and Chocolate and I got a Eye Defining Brush which was £1.50.
I love E.L.F nail varnishes they are a bargain price £1.50, I find they are easy to apply, the bottles are a great size and the choice of colours are great (you can see here).
I had trouble deciding what colours to get, I knew I wanted a darker shade of red and with being Christmas Cranberry fitted the bill. I also loved the look of Metal Madness when I was searching for swatches beforehand. And lastly I picked Chocolate as I fancied another dark shade for winter and I currently don't have a colour like this.
I have applied 3 coats of varnish in the picture but I think I could have just used 2 coats. The Chocolate has a Opaque look finish and as I have found with my E.L.F nail varnish it applied really easy. I am not convinced this shade suits me that well as I am very pale but I am going to give it a go. The Cranberry is gorgeous, I previously did a post on a hunt for a red nail varnish and this is now my favourite! It has a lovely shimmer finish and is such a great deep red, perfect for Christmas. And lastly there is Metal Madness, which E.L.F have brought out for Christmas, I love this colour it has a shimmer finish with glitter as well! This again will be well used over Christmas and it is already on my nails...I love a bit of sparkle.
Are you a fan of E.L.F nail varnishes?
Monday, 20 December 2010
Hadn't noticed that we'd done that many...its crazy!
Ok, haha back to the post :-),
I noticed this palette when Next launched there Christmas Guide, it costs £8 and contains 10 eye colours, 6 lip colours, a blusher and a highlighter.
I thought it looked pretty. The packaging looks really cute and it would make a lovely gift.
Well my first big news of the week is that I have got a new job....I am so excited. I currently work 4 evenings a week in a call centre for a well known bank, but I hate it I am sooo tired as my little one like to get up at 7am. But now I will be going back to 9-5 and going back into Retail Head Office, which I used to do before little one. Also this week in Bletchley, Milton Keynes we had a good bit of snow on Saturday so we are now a bit snowed in...But we have managed to get about walking.
Poor L was suppose to have a night out Saturday with her girlie friends but the snow in Lancashire put a stop to it....she was gutted as she had got ready before it was called off! She was even sat at the train station ready for Preston before she found out people were struggling to get in. L has also been super busy this week in work so is feeling very stressed out. At least she’s not got long till Christmas now and will have lots of fun back at my Mum’s in Wales.
This weeks posts have been:
E.L.F Super Glossy Lip Shine in Pink Kiss & Goddess: K shows us some E.L.F bargain lipglosses.
NOTD Rimmel Strawberry Fizz: L does a NOTD featuring a smelly bright polish.
Rimmel Goodies: K shows us some 3 for 2 Rimmel goodies she got.
My Batiste Brit Winnings: K shows us a great prize she won from from Batiste
We hope everyone has a great last week before Christmas....
Sunday, 19 December 2010
Heres my winnings....
I was so please to win and it had been a particularly lucky month (I had won 6 prizes in November through Twitter and blogs giveaways).
For those who may not be familiar with Batiste they are dry shampoo that you spray into dirty or greasy hair to make it feel instantly clean, fresh and also lifted! I also like to use mine for updo's as well. Currently you can choose between 12 varieties from shimmer to coloured, and they retails at around £2 (but its does depend where you buy it).
I'd won the Brit one which arrived it a gorgeous bag with a mini brush that you can see above, and currently it is exclusive to Superdrug. They have released Brit with it Cool Britannia fragrance as Batiste has been going for 30 years. I have to say I love the smell of Brit, it is sooo fresh and isn't overpowering so it is great to use. I am going to stock up on this!
Have you tried Batiste? Do you have a favourite variety?
Saturday, 18 December 2010
Friday, 17 December 2010
So L's up first,
1. four shows that you watch
- The Mentalist
- Gossip girl
- Vampire diaries
- NCIS - normal and LA
2. four things you are passionate about
- family and friends
- anything beauty related
- my job
- cooking, will baking - i'm obsessed!
3. four phrases you say a lot
- Oh joy!! mainly said sarcastically
- god awful!
- this sucks!, yep i'm 27 and still use the word sucks (i'm that cool haha)
(also discovered my most used phrases are quite negative and people try to tell me i'm bubbly haha)
4. four things you've learnt from the past
- i'm pale and there is nothing that is going to changed that without looking orange
- my natural red hair suits me the best
- short hair doesn't work on me, my hair is frizzy
- what other people think about the way i look doesn't matter to me anymore
- south america
- all of USA
- decorated my office with some tacky tinsle
- food shopping
- went to bed
(god i'm boring)
- my honeymoon
- christmas with all my family
- IMATs in January
8. four things you love about winter
- i can wear dark nails all the time
- wearing black tights, so i can wear a lot more skirts and dresses for work
- sitting in my pj's on the weekend with the fire on full
Here’s K’s answers,
1. Four shows that you watch
- CSI (all three)
- Deadliest Catch (odd but true)
2. Four things you are passionate about
- My little girl Livvie
- Family and friends
- My weight loss
3. Four phrases you say a lot
- For the love of God!
- Bear with me (its a work thing)
- No Livvie
- That GHD are amazing
- I can actually wear Masacara
- I do quite like children (but I prefer mine)
- I can have confidence if I want
- Las Vegas
- went on shopping trip with little one
- played with play dough
- My 1st year wedding anniversary in sept (but we will have been together 10 years as well)
- L’s wedding in June
- My mum’s 50th Birthday
- Family christmas
8. Four things you love about winter
- That I can leave the house without worrying about burning
- Snow (especially with little one)
- That pale skin is acceptable
- wrapping up nice and warm for cosy nights in!
9. four bloggers that should share their list of fours
- liloo at http://lilooblog.blogspot.com/
- nicolleta http://nicolettasbeautyspace.blogspot.com/
- Welsh Beauty Blog http://www.welshbeautyblog.com/
- Giddy princess http://giddyprincess.blogspot.com/