Saturday 5 February 2011

Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel

Ok so this was going to be a relatively short post – as I was going to say that I wasn’t all that impressed. That is until I re-read the listed benefits of the product.

I was sent this quiet sometime ago and when I first started using it, I was on ‘my time of the month’ so was nicely suffering from a hormonal breakout on my chin.

(Before - sorry not great)



The pictures I took weren’t great, but you can see the red marks on my jaw line. I was mainly suffering with the lovely red lumps that just seem to feel like bruises and never seem to come to a head or go!

I was also being a bit lazy with my skin care routine just before I started trying this as well – quiet a few nights I gone to bed with out taking my makeup off. My skin seems to suffer for days no matter I use after that.

So the product did have a lot to cope with but I just started it anyway.

This is what the product is described as and meant to deal with (from the website),

This is a phyto bio-engineering formulation gel for all skin types to reduce both blackheads and whiteheads on affected skin area without painful extraction. This daily maintenance gel also reduces sebum secretion, leaving the skin clear and producing smooth visible results within 10 days of application.

Benefits:

- Reduces the formation of blackheads and whiteheads

- Reduces skin inflammatory

- Controls and prevents breakouts

- Increases skin moistures and improves skin elasticity

- Anti-irritation

So I was applying this morning and night after I’d cleansed, toned and moisturised. I just need to use a few pumps out of the tub and it blends in easily. It has a gel type texture to it and smells pleasant enough - the website states that it smells of peppermint. I’m not too sure if I’d agree with that, but then I’m not too sure how to describe the smell. All I cared about was that it was some strong funky smelling product J.



Ok so onto the results, think we’ll go with negatives first:

- Its didn’t really do much for the spots I had, they still seemed to take ages to go.

- My skin didn’t feel anymore moisturised, possibly even drier than before!

- I was still get a few more spots – hormonal but they still came up.


Ok so my list of negatives isn’t huge, considering I wasn't going to give a favourable review!


Positives:

- Its decreased the amount of whiteheads I had (actually all seem to have gone)

- Definitely seen a reduction in blackheads as well.

- All my horrible redness around my nose seems to have disappeared.

- My skin is all round less irritable.


So it when I saw this list and compared it to the Benefits listed on the website that I realised that when I was just hoping for a reduction in my nasty hormonal spots that never really seemed to happen, this little product managed to help with a whole host of other problems I had. Just goes to show that I should have read the site properly the first time!

So here’s the end result of my skin,




(After)


Also on a plus side is that I still have a lot of product left to use.


It retails for $55.00 on their site - around £35.00 but you've got shipping on top.



First 50 readers that register on our website and enter the following will be entitled to receive the sample.Skin Action Sebum Gel, 3ml.

1. Complete the registration form.

2. Where do you hear about us?: beautifullyaddictedto.blogspot.com

3. Company: their blog’s url (if any – and they might stand a chance to do a product review).

T&C: Valid ends 1 week after product review being post and sample delivery within 4 – 6 weeks. Substitutions of sample will be made if sample is out-of-stock.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Miss War Paint (Nic) said...

This actually looks like something that I'd really like! My skin gets so congested! Have registered for my sample so fingers crossed! xxx

D said...

I got a sample of this a while ago but sadly it did nothing for my blackheads :(

Stephanie Gauthier-Bujold said...

I got to try this as well, but I really liked it straight away! It also helped a rash I ususally have on my left wrist.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...