Sunday 27 February 2011

Cupcake Love....

Just wanted to show you what I spent my Saturday doing!


I absolutely LOVE Baking (definitely more of a baker than a proper cook). I have so many cook books - my first was Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book. K actually picked me up The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook this week as well and I can't wait to try the recipes.


I don't just like making cakes both me and the other half like to make biscuits, bread, pastry etc. We also make our own pizza's as well.

(The other half half is in the process of attempting to make his own tortillas after finding a recipe for them)


Now this batch of cupcakes was made withe the idea of whether or not to make my own wedding cakes. It was only the first attempt at the decorations etc and even though their ok, I've definitely got alot of things I want to change and perfect over the next few months.





The recipe I used for the cake:



  • 4 oz caster sugar


  • 4 oz soft butter


  • 2 eggs


  • 6 oz self rising flour


  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence

For the butter cream icing:




  • 4 oz soft butter


  • 8 oz icing sugar


  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Just made up as per the instructions on the box really



For the butterflies:



  • fondant icing - made up as per the box for modelling option.




They were so yummy!

7 comments:

Nahemah said...

oh em gee, I love cupcakes! And those loke absolutely delishe :D

Christina Marie said...

Wow these are SO pretty! They look professional not to mention delish! x

Unknown said...

They look sooo good :) x

Radiant Make Up said...

those cupcakes look so damn cute :)
I don't think I'd want to eat one though - they are far too pretty!! x

Anonymous said...

wow they look ahmazing! and yummy too x x

Makeup and Mutts said...

Those are lovely! :)

LatBeautyAddict said...

Thanks for all the comments girlies x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...