Thursday 24 February 2011

Green Monster

How cute is this little fella??
Adorable, but I'm not talking about that sort of Monster!
I'm actually referring to the 'Green Monster' Smoothie. Now I hear you all asking whats that??
Well on the weekend I was having a nosey at a few blog posts and saw a post on Lollipop Loves, about the Green Monster smoothie saying that she was giving them a go after discovering Angela's blog - The Green Monster Movement.
It's basically a a green smoothie that Angela started making in an attempt to improve her overall health and well being. she includes a number of recipes on her site, but the basics for a 'virgin' Green Monster are:
  • 2 cups spinach (organic is best if you can get)
  • 1-1.25 cups milk (your choice)
  • 1 tablespoon flax (optional - I didn't have anything for the first attempt)
  • 1 banana (I used a frozen one and skipped the ice)
  • ice
Even though I'm soooooo not a fan of spinach, after reading Angela's blog I just had to give this ago! I've got so much going on at the moment - my wedding is on the 4 June 2011 and saying work has been stressful is a bit of an understatement. Overall I'm been feeling a bit drained and definitely not looking after myself probably.
So anyway here you go (in my pretty sundae glasses),


It wasn't that bad really - the banana hides the spinach taste but there was a strange aftertaste though.

But this didn't put me off. I so far had one for the last 3 days!

*actually added a spoonful of honey on the second day - it was so much better

I'm not expecting miracles but for me this is a great way to get my daily fruit and veg in (I'm really bad and hardly ever eat my 5 a day!). So any improvement in my overall well being will be great.

I'll keep you updated.



7 comments:

♥beauxs mom said...

I like the little monster he is cute!
I don't get all my five a day in either this
Could really help with that thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Well I have to say its certainly and interesting colour...!

I love banana but not so keen on Spinach. May still give it a whirl though see what its like.

Emma x

Once Upon A Time... said...

Love the little monster!! too cute!!

have a nice day,
jos xx

Sarah said...

That monster is great! See I love the taste of spinach so I could really go for that I reckon.

Sarah x

Anna said...

i love juices too, especially in the morning
my recipe: celery (lower blood pressure), orange/apples (for sweetness) and carrots (improve eyesight) ^^

xoxo elle

Joanna Louise said...

Oh I don't like spinach either but if the banana and the spoon of honey hides the taste maybe this is the first step to taking it in! I think I will give this a go! x

LatBeautyAddict said...

Thanks for the comments girlies!

The little monster is very cute.

glad to see so many thinking of giving it ago.

Lx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...