Monday 7 February 2011

Mini Natural Collection haul

Hey,

I am a great fan of high street make-up brands and recently across Boots and Superdrug a lot of these brands are running offers such as 3 for 2 or 3 for £5 etc. When I recently popped into my local Boots they were doing a 3 for £5 on Natural Collection.

I'd had my eye on a Natural Collection eyeshadow in Heather which I had recently seen on another blog so I decided to get two other bits from the range.
I picked myself up Heather eyeshadow, Antique Coral nail varnish and Moisture Shine lipstick in Rose Petal.

I particularly like the Solo Eyeshadow from Natural Collection, the retail at £1.79 which is a bargain and in an array of natural easy to wear shades. My favorite from the range is called Willow and is a great base eye colour. I was quite keen on Heather after I saw it on another blog and it seemed liked a great dusky mauve colour which I wanted to try.The eyeshadow is lovely but it is no where near as pigmented as my others from the range so I have found that a little disappointing. I have since popped in and swiped some more of the darker shades and to me personally I think that paler shades are more pigmented than the darker ones. I will get use out of the product but i wouldn't repurchase this colour again.

The 2nd item I settled on was a lipstick from the Moisture Shine range which retail at £1.99. This lipstick glides on nice and feels great on my lips, I really prefer lipsticks that are moisturising and a bit more like a lip balm feel. This does tick a lot of boes for me but I am not completely sure about the colour on me, so I really don't feel this will get used that much. But I will take a look at some of the other shades.

Lastly I decided to grab a nail varnish, I choose Antique Coral as i wanted something to perk me up and this seemed to fit the bill. Natural collection nail polishes retail at £1.89 and can be seen here.
This is such a vibrant colour coral shade, and it contains tiny tiny blue flecks in the varnish (you can see if you look closely at the image). I applied 2 coats here and it applied nicely which was a ice surprise for such a cheap nail polish. I can't say I think much of the bottle but it is only small so it fits into my storage nicely. This nail varnish will be a nice summer colour, we just need the weather to cheer up now!
What have you tried from Natural Collection?
Thanks

7 comments:

LillianZahra said...

I have that lipstick and really like it. It doesn't last that long but for £1.99 I don't really mind having to re-apply it regularly. The nail polish looks lovely. x

ShimmerDreamz said...

It's funny that the only two shades of Natural Collection eyeshadows I owned were Willow and Heather. I hated the colour pay-off and couldn't be bothered with it when I've so many much better shadows in my collection, so passed it on to a younger girl who's just starting playing around with makeup.

I was really addicted to Natural Collection when I was younger - remember those body sprays? Ice musk, watermelon.etc? We always got them out after PE, lol.

Also, I've just started writing again, so check out my blog please? :D

http://shimmerdreamz.blogspot.com/

Saira.B said...

oh i rather like the nail polish its very pretty!

Makeup and Mutts said...

I really want to try something from Natural Collection! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments
@lilylipstick - I do like the colour I'm not completely sure it suits me but I love the texture.
@shimmerdreamz I use to always get the body sprays from natural collection!
@xsafarE - it is such a great colour
@Vintage Makeup if you can try some I'd say give it a go

MakeUpMadeEasy said...

i WOULD LOVE THE EYESHADOW IN HEATHER BUT ITS DISCONTINUED NOW IS THERE ANY MAC OR OTHER BRAND EVEN AN EXPENSIVE ONE FOR WHICH HEATHER IS A DUPE BECAUSE THIS CANNOT BE GOTTEN WENT TO EVERY BOOTS IN THE SOUTH OR IRELAND AND THE NORTH THEY AINT GOT IT AND IT AINT ON THE WEBSITE EITHER.

Unknown said...

Hi @makemadeeasy I wasn't aware that it had been discontinued and sorry not sure what I'd say was a dupe for it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...