Wednesday 6 April 2011

17 Limited Edition Vintage Eye Palette in Pretty Pastels


I thought I'd give you a quick look at the 17 Limited Edition Vintage Love Pretty Pastels palette. K's previously shown you the Metallic Nudes palette.


First of all I have to say that I don't really pick up many palettes. I'm not usually convinced by the colours in a lot of sets and I have to admit I kind of felt the same about this, but as it was on 3 for 2 I thought I'd give it ago.


Also how cute is the packaging and the actual layout of the shadows.

I don't own many pastels colours so was quite keen to give it a go for spring - just to get some a nice fresh look.


All the colours a shimmery - which isn't also my thing, but I guess it works with pastel shades.

(no flash)

The shadows are not particularly pigmented, except for the dark purple. Which is a bit of a shame, but I think this can be a problem with pastels shades.

(flash)


The shimmery is picked up really well by the flash.


Overall I really quite like the little palette and they blend in quite nicely. I thought I would show you a quick EOTD using the colours. I kept it quite simple really as it was only for work.



I've used the lilac over the lid with the dark purple in the crease and to blend in. I also used a little white on the inside corners of my eyes.



In the picture I've also used:




  • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B10 Beige


  • Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-1


  • Benefit Erase Paste in Fair


  • Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder


  • Benefit Benetint


  • Accessories Bronzer in Golden Sands.


  • Palmers Lip Butter in Dark Chocolate and Peppermint

1 comment:

Makeup and Mutts said...

Pretty packaging, but not a fan of the colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...