Sunday 17 April 2011

Vintage Pretty....

Scarily its less than 7 weeks now till my big day!


So as I'm attempting to make my own wedding cake. I've made the decision to do cupcakes for the quests but I do want a cake to at least 'cut the cake'.




Anyway with that in mind I tried to make a mini 3 tier cake.




And heres my attempt........






It actually looks a lot bigger than it is - its about 4/5 inch wide and about 8/9 inch tall.




I just made a basic sponge recipes




4 oz butter


4oz sugar


6oz flour


2 eggs


a few drops of vanilla essence




I put all the mixture into a tray and then cut the tiers out with pastry cutters, sliced them in half and used raspberry jam and buttercream and put them back together. Finally covered the whole cake in a thin layer of buttercream and then put on the ready roll icing.




For the decorations I used old broken earrings (that I washed and sanitised first) stuck on with icing.




It's a bit bumpy with I'm really happy with my first go.



11 comments:

Ashley Tiernan said...

thats really pretty. :)

Anonymous said...

That's really nice! You could also have the cupcakes for the guest and just have one bigger round cake at the top to cut. Are they going to be on a cake stand?

Anonymous said...

It looks pretty :-) Well done!

Audrina Attic said...

Looks lovely, well done you!

Fee - Makeup Savvy said...

Love it! Especially the vintage feel too it :)

Wedding cakes can be so expensive and if you are wanting cupcakes then it would be greedy to have a huge wedding cake as well so this is a perfect idea!

Will also be having cupcakes at my wedding :)

Fee x

K A T H L E E N said...

wow its gorgeous

Scarlet said...

Loveeeeeely!

Makeup and Mutts said...

That's lovely!

The cake stand is nice too.

Tati Abaurre said...

love the idea of using the vintage earrings to decorate! Looks lovely :)

LatBeautyAddict said...

Thanks for the comments girlies. I'm definitely very proud of myself and LOVE the outcome ;)

Lucy said...

This is really lovely, and thrifty!! :D
What could be better.:)
Rainbows and Buttons
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...