Thursday 28 July 2011

Urban Decay Peroxide

Hey,

Just want to show you a lipstick I got with some of my Birthday vouchers! I've picked up 3 lipsticks so far with my vouchers and the first I want to show you and swatch was from Urban Decay called Peroxide (£13.00). Here's a little bit from Urban Decay about their lipsticks:

'Decadently creamy, long-lasting color, a wide variety of textures, and a sweet lick of crème caramel... our Lipstick is a weapon of love. Leaving no shade unturned, our huge assortment of colors and textures tempt you to stray from an otherwise predicable palette. The luxuriously creamy formula nourishes and protects lips with Vitamins A, C, and E. Hyaluronic Spheres (found naturally in the body) are added to stimulate cellular function, prevent dehydration, and fill-in lines and wrinkles-now, how many Lipsticks can do that?! The teardrop-shape bullet (etched with an Urban Decay logo) is infused with a decadent crème caramel scent and flavor. Yum'

Well firstly, you can see the packaging in the image below, it certainly does look like a weapon. The packaging is certainly extreme!


My shade peroxide is decribed as a palest pink, but as you can see below the photo's look my pink/beige in colour. But I think it looks more pink in real life on my lips.



It's a very easy to wear and apply lippy. Also look at the detail on the actual lipstick...cute.


For £13.00 it is on par with MAC and I have to say I prefer to texture of this too most MAC lipsticks. It feels creamy and leaves my lips feeling lovely once applied, due to the colour and texture its very easy to just apply on the run. I would buy it again....but and its a big BUT! I cannot stand the smell. It is sooooo overpowering and sickly sweet. Urban Decay say 'creme caramel...yum', no its not! Why do companies feel the need to make everything so scented. It's such a shame as I love the texture and application, I will end up using it but I would not repurchase.

Have you tried Urban Decay lipsticks?


Thank You





6 comments:

Stephanie Gauthier-Bujold said...

Wow! Look at the packaging! Before I read that it was a lipstick I thought it was a perfume!

Demonicsmurfette said...

I've got loads of these cos I can't resist UD. I find I hardly wear them though cos they leave a really nasty bitter taste in my mouth.

Donna said...

The name terrified me for a second, but the colour is really nice. It really suits you.

You have a wonderful blog by the way, I love it! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and will definitly check back for updates!!
All the best,
Voe.
_____________________
http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

Charlotte said...

The packaging looks fab and the colour is really pretty! Shame about the scent :/ x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments!
@Ms Bubu - the packaging is certainly extreme!

@Demonicsmurfette - i find the smell more off putting, its such a shame.

@Voe - yes its a very odd name and I do love the colour.

@Charlotte - why don't they notice the smell. I would buy more shades if it wasn't for the smell.

Makeup and Mutts said...

Looks really pretty! :) I've always wanted to try a UD lippie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...