Tuesday 2 August 2011

Clean & Clear Morning Energy


I brought this on a whim really. I saw it in Superdrug and liked the sound of 'Morning Energy - Skin Brightening Daily Facial Moisturiser' and it was only £2.99. I thought what the hell, lets try it.

I actually rubbed a little of the moisturiser in on the left of the cream to try and show you the shimmer to it, but I wasn't able to really pick it up.

It's described as a non greasy daily moisturiser and I have to admit that given the packaging I was expecting more of a fluid type texture, but as you can see above it's quite a creamy product. It does sink in quite quickly once put on and I wouldn't really say I'm left with any tackiness, but I do feel like by face looks quite greasy. I think that's due to the glitter - yep glitter. This falls into the type of 'brightening moisturisers' where they pack the glitter in to give you a radiant glow - yuck. Why do you want glitter all over your face???

I can't stand it! Even after I've applied my foundation etc, I can still see it.

Also really don't like the smell. It has a citrus fragrance to it and it does actually state on the bottle that it contains Lemon and Papaya extract, but to me it just smells artificial and a bit iffy!

*shudders after sniffing it again on my hand* - No I don't like it!

I don't have any else to really say about it, I just don't like it. I think the only positive thing I can say is that I do like the packaging. It's a lot more hygienic then sticking your finger in a tub like you get with most moisturisers. I wish more brands would see this as a better alternative.

Anybody else given this a go?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...