Monday 26 September 2011

Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint

Hey,

Now I know you guys have seen lots of posts on Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint, but I just wanted to give my opinion on it.
First off as with all Liz Earle products they arrive looking wrapped up lovely and then they have lovely simple packaging. I really like the dark blue packaging. What Liz Earle say about the product;
'The perfect way to enhance your skin. Our rich and creamy, yet lightweight formula leaves all skin types looking naturally dewy, even and radiant. With mineral UV SPF15, it’s enriched with our own blend of natural source vitamin E, borage and avocado, specially selected to work in harmony with our skincare range.'
It is available in 3 shades Bare 01, Beige 02 and Beach 03, and retails at £21.00 for a 40ml tube.

Liz Earle even offer a 'First Time, Right Shade' service, this allows you to get a sample of the Sheer Tint first to make sure you are completely happy with the colour to help reduce waste.

I have shade Bare 01 as it is suits fair and alabaster complexions, from the swatch you can see it looks ok against my skin tone.
But it does end up blending into my colouring alright.
What you can also notice from the swatch is that it looks quite thick. Now when I saw the words 'Sheer' and 'tint' in the name I would have though it was like a tinted moisturiser. That it would feel weightless on my skin and be a very light coverage. The consistency is more like a foundation,. Also the Sheer Tint contains SPF 15, which is great but I as with many products that contain SPF it smells of it. When I have it on I can smell it...which is odd. Once I applied I feel my skin is slightly tacky if not a little greasy. As my skin is combination to dry I do like to have a 'dewy' light foundation but this was a little much for me. I had to apply some powder to certain areas of my skin, which I never do!

Here is me with it on,

I like the shade on me but I am not sure of the feel on my skin or the smell. It is just a bit too greasy and heavy for me.

I know many people will be great fans of this but I hope Liz Earle continue to develop their make-up range and that I will find something else to love.

If you are a fan of Liz Earle check out reviews of other items here.




Have you tried the Liz Earle Sheer skin tint?







Thanks

















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't and you confirmed what I thought about it. I'd look like a greasy mess with it on

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Yikes. Sorry you didn't like the product too much. But the picture looks great. Your skin glows.

Makeup and Mutts said...

You look lovely in the photo! Shame it's so heavy & greasy, ick!

SilhouetteScreams said...

I personally think it looks great in your photo, but it sounds like a horrid experience to wear :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...