Tuesday 13 September 2011

MAC Hue

This lipstick seems quite a popular colour from what I have noticed in the blog sphere. After seeing a lot of swatches I decided Hue was a colour I needed, Hue is part of the glaze range. In the swatch below I love the colour and I like the finish as well as you can see it looks nice.


But as soon as I apply it to my lips I don't like it. I find this with MAC lipsticks, I prefer them with a gloss over the top. The colour goes more beige on the lips, whereas the swatch is more peach. You also have to make sure your lips are in perfect condition as it can dry your lips out and look awful on. I also think it looks a bit cakey on even if you apply it lightly.

I am disappointed!! I only own 3 MAC lipsticks that I like Syrup, Politely Pink and Plink. I will not be wasting my money on anymore MAC lipsticks as I find they don't live up to the hype around them. Though I may try to get Ever Hip if I can ever get hold of it again :).

Are you a fan of MAC lipsticks and Hue?

Thanks



6 comments:

♥beauxs mom said...

It's a very pretty color I don't own any Mac lipsticks yet I think I might try this one.

Victoria said...

I really like MAC lipsticks, but I try more of the brighter colours. Nudes don't suit me one bit.
Lustre finish is a nice sheer finish, and the matte and amplified creme ones last for ages.

Prinses Prikbordje said...

I am a big fan of Mac lipsticks and hue is one of my favourites. Shame it's not working for you. :(

Makeup and Mutts said...

I'm not a huge fan of MAC lippies, but I don't hate them either. The color looks lovely!

Gaby Fauchon said...

Aww I'm sorry you were disappointed ): I have Hue but I can't say I'm impressed as I'm not sure it's worth it to pay such a steep price for a lipstick that looks like a lipgloss...

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments.

I am going to try to persist with Hue but I have better cheaper lipsticks (e.g Natural Collection Aiutumn Sunset) and it applies nicer.

I think due to the price I expected more from it.

You can see Autumn Sunset here http://beautifullyaddictedto.blogspot.com/2011/06/lotd-autumn-sunset.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...