Monday 31 October 2011

18 in 1 Magic Soaps

Hey,

Today's post is on a brand that has a great concept and philosophy.


The brand is Dr Bonner, here is some information on the brand,


'Started by Emanuel Bronner, a third-generation soap maker, Dr. Bronner's soap has been hot since the 60s and is still going strong. Mr. Bronner rejected the use of industrial chemicals way ahead of his time, and now, more than forty years later, his grandsons run the business. With a mega-historic company whose founder is called "the godfather of today's green brands," Dr Bronner’s is championed by the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow, Drew Barrymore and Sandra Bullock.



Dr. Bronner’s soaps are magic multi-taskers, with 18 uses from 1 bottle of liquid soap. Best used with a cloth, towel, loofah or sponge you can use it to clean your body, your mouth & teeth, your fruit & vegetables, your bathroom and kitchen, your clothes and even your pets!


Dr. Bronner’s is available nationwide at ASOS, American Apparel, Liberty, select Waitrose stores and leading health shops.'

We were sent a couple of items to try from the range, we have the 18 in 1 Almond liquid soap, 18 in 1 Lavender liquid soap and the Tea Tree Bar Soap.

As you can see above they are made with organic oils and free from synthetic ingredients.

They each have a subtle aroma and aren't too overpowering.


I can't say I would use the Lavender for anything outside the bathroom, but it would be lovely in the bath.


L - I've got to add in here that I have a real issue with Lavender. It's on my list of most hated smells! So it was very difficult to give it a good go, but my mum and younger sister have loved it in the bath. As usual it's very relaxing.

I agree with K that I wouldn't use it for anything else other than the bath.



L - I've had a good go with the bar and I was really surprised as I haven't found it as drying on my skin as most soaps. Also with it being organic I found that I didn't end up with my usual allergic reaction (I've mentioned before that I'm allergic to most bubble baths, soaps and shower gels - well the chemicals in them anyway!)

I have been using the Almond as my hand wash in the bathroom and its great. It doesn't dry your skin out and removes all traces off make-up off my hands. I love it.

My only concern is that the liquid is quite thin and has slipped off my hands once or twice...maybe this is just my fault when I am dopey in the morning.


I am not sure how keen I would be to use these outside the norm of soap. I can understand that you could use them for hand washing, hair washing, bubble bath, shower gel etc but i am not convinced by veg washing and teeth....its seems weird. Would you give it a go? The concept is good and useful.


L - well the Hubbie thought he try it out washing his hair, as a shower gel and even tried it on his teeth! Hair and shower works well, but no to the teeth.


I am loving the liquid soap and have been eyeing up the baby mild for the little one. I am so impressed with the soap at the moment that I would buy this myself. It is very hard to find a hand wash that can easily remove makeup off my hands but doesn't dry them out...and the prices isn't terrible either.


RRP for 18 in 1 Hemp Pure castile Soap 8fl oz £4.99, travel size £1.69 and solid bar £3.50.

Thank You




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...