Friday 14 October 2011

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation




This is my new foundation love - I love the original Healthy Mix, but I much prefer the texture of the Serum (just noted that I haven't reviewed the original oops! I'll get a review done this week).

The foundation itself promises to simply 're-boost' your complexions vitality.

It contains 3 super fruits - Lychee, Goji and Pomegranate, which Bourjois state will,

'enhance the skin through repeated applications thanks to it's super-action:
- an instant, revitalising effect
- a refreshing and light sensation
- radiance boosting shades
- and a uniform, revived complexion lasting 16 hours'


Regardless of the benefits, for me, I just LOVE the gel texture. It's so light and refreshing on my skin and blends in so easily. I tend to use a stippling brush or a beauty blender sponge, although I find it just as easy to use my fingers.

I suffer from a lot of dry skin on my nose and I found that the texture really prevented it from clinging in any of the dry patches.


It's available in 6 shades and I'm wearing 51 Vanilla which is the lightest - Bourjois is one of the few brands on the high street that I can actually purchase foundation from given the shades available. Have to admit that I do think the range is limited for Asian and Darker skin tones.

Overall I love the texture and ease of application, and the end result is a lovely glowing finish. It sits very naturally on my skin which is perfect for me. I'd say it's medium coverage and for some they may find that it doesn't give them enough coverage, although for me it covers any redness I have and helps cover any blemishes - any heavier and I would just feel that it was too cakey on my skin. Oh and even better it smells so refreshingly fruit.

The foundation is out now, priced at £10.99.

2 comments:

Makeup and Mutts said...

Your skin looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Healthy mix is the only thing I've been using recently. I find it really hard to get the right shade for my skin tone though, so frustrating!
I'll definitely give this one a whirl :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...