Wednesday 4 January 2012

Bobby Brown Skin Foundation in Porcelain

Now as I write this post I am still not completely sure I have made up my mind on this foundation. The foundation is question is Bobby Brown Skin Foundation in Porcelain.
Here is what Booby Brown says,
'A truly modern foundation that offers invisible, weightless coverage that looks like skin, not makeup. This long-wearing formula evens tone, minimises the appearance of pores, conceals imperfections, and offers broad spectrum UV protection. Its hydrating technology leaves skin feeling cushioned, comfortable, and clean. Ideal for combination, normal and normal to dry skins.'
The foundation is available in 18 shades, a colour for everyone, they cost £29.00 for 30ml,and contains SPF 15.

I mainly wanted to try this foundation as L has tried the Moisture Rich Foundation in Alabaster. She said that this was close to being here holy grail foundation except she felt it was a little dark. I popped along to my Bobby Brown Counter in John Lewis and asked to be matched. I decided that I liked the skin foundation more and was colour matched to porcelain so a shade darker than L. I though this was a little odd but as the assistant said each of their foundations are slightly different shades.

I think the colour is a great match.


The foundation is a light to medium coverage, the foundation is very thin and a little goes a long way. It just helps to give my skin a boast and stops it looking tired. You can see it on below.

As it is lightweight and not a heavy coverage if you have blemish (which I do get) you need a good concealer. I find the foundation is best when your skin is a bit more blemish free. And I think this is way I can't make up my mind on this. When my skin is good I love this on, when isn't isn't I don't.


I have been considering picking up another Bobby Brown Foundation that has heavier coverage. L and myself struggle so much to find foundation shades that match our skin and this is prefect so I would like to persist, but really they are expensive to own one for good days and one bad days. But I was tempted to go back and try the Moisture Rich, Natural Finish Long Lasting or Luminous Moisturizing and hope they worked better on my bad days.

Have you tried this?


Thanks


5 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

I actually think your face looks really nice with the foundation. Like...super flawless.

Perhaps it is not so bad after all.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

hidden-freckles said...

Now see I normally ADORE Bobby Brown products, but I always find that there foundation makes my skin go all cakey and strange!

The Best Beauty Buys xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments.

Now this pic was a particularly good skin day. Bon bad days I have to use a lot of concealor and my lily kolo blush away.

Not noticed any caking yet.

Unknown said...

Thought I'd follow you right back as you go for similar products to me - can't get enough of the Aussie range! The Bobbi Brown foundation looks fab on you - it's such a shame that their formulas don't agree with my skin! I tried it a couple of years ago and had a similar experience to Elizabeth - cakey, slidey reaction!



http://freshlookbeauty.blogspot.com

Carol Lee said...

Indeed the shade matches well with your skin tone.
discount cosmetics

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...