Tuesday 27 March 2012

ELF Eyelid Primer

Don't you just love a bargain product that is actually good!


Today's post is on ELF Eyelid Primer in Champagne.
This retails for £1.50 for 5g of product and comes in a choice of three shades champagne, pearl, and golden. You can also get a Sheer Mineral Eyelid primer for £3.00 for 4.50g. Here is what ELF says about the new eyelid primers,
'Preps your eyelid for smoother, longer-lasting and crease-proof eyeshadow. The ultra sheer nude color works to increase eye colour longevity. The lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into the skin for comfortable wear.' You can see more here.

This has pale shimmery brown tint (I wish I got pearl or the sheer mineral). I do not feel you would be a fan if you don't like glittery products


As I love my Urban Decay Primer Potion I didn't hold up much hope for this. But I was pleasently surprised, my eyeshadow lasted really well and matched the longevity of my UDPP.



The applicator is a doe foot applicator, the consistency is similar to UDPP though the ELF product dries extremely quickly and becomes difficult to blend. You do really need to blend it out quickly whereas I don't with my UDPP.



The main point of an eyelid primer is to give long lasting eyeshadow and help the colours by giving them a base to pop from. It certainly helps to ensure the colour last but also that the colour pops really really. You really notice a difference in using a primer compared to no primer. The colours also end up look a lot brighter and more pigmented over the primer! Again it rivals my UDPP.



For the price though this certainly rivals my UDPP and recently I have reached for this more than my UDPP. The UDPP my win slightly but the price helps me pick the ELF primer. Though I do think I would get the Sheer Mineral version next time.



Have you tried this Eyelid primer?


Thanks








4 comments:

Victoria said...

interesting, i reviewed this one my blog yesterday! i dont particularly find it worked all that well o me, but im glad you did!

i love beauty products, one persons neglected is anothers holy grail!

Unknown said...

Thanks for you comment Victoria.

How straneg, though I find ELF hit & miss. I have lipglosses from the same range but in different colous and they are completely different.

Completely agree with 'one persons neglected is another holy grail!'

Lily M said...

I use this primer on a daily basis, it's fab! I would have got sheer except that it was out of stock when I ordered it (free shipping weekend) and I will get it if it is in stock next time.

Jess said...

I love the elf primer, haven't tried the champagne one but I have repurchased "sheer" twice and it is so similar to my UDPP :) and for £1.50 you really can't go wrong! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...