Monday 12 March 2012

Foundation for Pale Girls


L and myself have always had a love hate relationship with Foundation. Mainly because those on the high street don't usually cater for our skin tone. The palest tend to be too orange or dark on us. I understand why they don't cater for everyone...its just not cost effective. But its still annoying!

We are always on the look out for new range and lighter shades, you can see our previous Foundation posts here. Currently below are the foundation I have on the go. From L to R we have Bourjois 10 hour Sleep effect in shade 71, Boots No 7 Lift & Luminate in Alabaster, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Porcelain, Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint in Fair, sample of Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 005 Beige Ivoire (review coming soon) and lastly Missha BB Cream in No 13 (review coming soon). Below these are swatched in the same order as above.
As you can see all the shades are quite different, ranging from pinky to yelow. And this is the biggest issue we have you can't always get the pale shade in the right tone for your skin.



At the moment I am switching between Liz Earle (sometimes too heavy), Bobbi Brown, Missha BB Cream and the new Lancome Teint Idole (too matte). But I am still not completely happy with the shades. I think shade wise I prefer Liz Earle, Bobbi Brown and Missha BB Cream, which is odd as in the swatches above Liz Earle seems a bit more yellow toned which I don't like.


There are some others I would like to try:
- Illamasqua Skin Base Shade 2

- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser

- Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturiser

- MAC prep & prime BB Beauty Balm

- MAC Face & Body Foundation

- Dainty Doll by Nicola Roberts Liquid Foundation.

- Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation

- Nars Sheer Glow Foundation



Hopefully I can find my prefect shade...and how hopefully its not ridiculously expensive. Which should I get next? Who does the best array of shades?



If you are also looking for some pale skin inspiration try:







Thanks








11 comments:

Kat (dollyrouge.ie) said...

This is a great post! My skin isn't the fairest of them all, but I have really oily skin so most foundations oxidise and go orange on me. It's so hard to find a foundation pale enough that when it oxidises it doesn't make me look like an oompa loompa! Thanks for the swatches ladies, they're really helpful!

Unknown said...

@Kat - glad you liked it!

Enigmatic Rambles said...

I am pale too and totally agree with you on the problem being with the tones. Even if I find one light enough its so hard to get one which isn't pink or yellow.

Think I need to swatch some by Nicola Roberts see how those are :)

Lucy said...

I'm sooo pale, I have the No7 foundation though. I absolutely love it! Its so nourishing on the skin.
:)
Makeup for Biochemists

xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments.
@engima - totally agree about trying Nicola Roberts range

Hollie said...

Same problem, I thought that Bourjois Healthy Mix shade 51 would be the palest I'd find on the highstreet. WRONG, Barbara Daly does 2 shades paler than this in her two foundation lines. I'm using porcelain in her moisture foundation and I have to say it's not the best coverage or application or wear, different people have had VERY varying experiences with it, but for £6 the shade is excellent. Doesn't lean too pink or yellow. Infact I think it's lighter than my Collection 2000 Fair 1 concealer, now that's paaale.

This post was so helpful though, thinking of having a gander at the No7 one with the vouchers out in force...

sugar,ink&caffine said...

Mark by Avon (their line of products for 20 somethings and teens) has the best choice for pale girls and I'm super pale and redheaded. I use too light 2 and its light enough I could use it on my sunless legs

sugar,ink&caffine said...

Mark by Avon (their line of products for 20 somethings and teens) has the best choice for pale girls and I'm super pale and redheaded. I use too light 2 and its light enough I could use it on my sunless legs

Renata said...

NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia looks yellow but on my skin it goes neutral and perfect. Perfect!

There is also Burberry. #02 is *very* light and more pink. Maybe #01 is more neutral, I don't know, but these are good for very pale skin.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips Renata, I'll take a look

Unknown said...

The post is giving information of foundation for pale girls useful post

beauty salon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...