Thursday 3 May 2012

Glossy Box April

Today's post on on the Glossy Box for April. (This post is picture heavy)

Firstly I just wanted to give you a little bit of information on what Glossy Box is. Neither myself or L have tried this version or any of the others before. With Glossy Box you subscribe to a monthly box subscription that contains 5 luxury products - usually miniatures from high end brands. You can even fill in your own Beauty Profile to ensure products complement your beauty and styling requirements. You get all of this for £10.00 a month plus £2.95 p&p, you can get more information here.

So onto April's box. This month the box has a natural theme, the box itself is 100% biodegradable and contains ethical products to satisfy your green goddess needs.
The box contains:
Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum
Inika Cosmetics Certified Organic Lip Liner in Moroccan Rose
Ayuuri Natural Body Wash in Neem
Figs & Rouge Lip Balm in Rambling Rose
Philip B Drop Dead Straightening Balm
Overall I was pleasantly surprised by the box. The products are really nice sized samples (though some are full size...bonus!). There were two items that instantly grabbed my attention the Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum and the Figs & Rouge Lip Balm (mainly as the packaging is so cute)

I don't feel I will get much use out of the lip liner as the shade is just not right for me...its a tad metallic as well which I don't like for a lip liner. I don't think I will get much use out of the body wash either as its not a scent I use but my Husband seems to quite like it as its really refreshing.

All in all I was really happy with my Glossy Box and can see why this has become so popular. Its a fantastic way to try out new brands and products without forking out the money on a full sized product first of all. I also like that not everyone's box will be identical so take this month some people got a Burts Bees Body Lotion instead of the Ayuuri Body Wash etc. The price is also reasonable, though I think I would end up with even more beauty products...which my Husband wouldn't like!

Though I do have one concern. I know it states that you can set your beauty preference but I have extremely pale skin which is very sensitive. I would be worried that not all the products would be suitable each month.

Are you a Glossy Box fan? Or is there another box to look at?

Thank you

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...