Thursday 17 May 2012

Superdrug BB Cream 5 in 1 Skin Perfecting Day Cream in Light

Today's post is on a prize I actually won through a retweet comp that Superdrug was running. I ended up winning Superdrug new BB Cream in Light.

Here what Superdrug say about it,
'• Conceals imperfections and enhances skin tone• 24 hour hydration• Antioxidant protection• UVA / UVB filters• SPF 15What is BB Cream?BB or Blemish Balm is the ultimate all-in-one cream, combining a moisturiser, a primer, a concealer and a foundation to create a naturally flawless-looking complexion in an instant.Scientifically formulated with a unique combination of skin nourishing ingredients and mineral pigments, Superdrug BB Cream imparts a light, creamy coverage which effectively conceals imperfections, boosts radiance and smoothes the complexion. With SPF 15, it helps to protect against sun damage and premature skin ageing whilst also providing 24 hour hydration. '
This is available in two shades light or medium and retails at an introductory offer of £6.99 (normally £8.99).
I have received light and as I was expecting its a little dark for me.
The consistency starts off thick but begins to get thinner/lighter as your blending in.
The finish is more matte than most BB creams and it's more like a tinted moisturiser finish than a foundation finish. But it does give a lovely glow. So it would be my ideal base but the finish is too dark for me.
This is ideal if you like your coverage light and your BB cream with a matte finish. This is not ideal if you are pale or dark skinned as there are only two shades choice.


Price wise as I said above is currently £6.99 which seems reasonable but as its only Superdrug branded it's not cheap. You can get the MUA bb cream for £4 and I have heard good things about it.

As for the claims it makes of being the 'ultimate all in one cream' I am not totally convinced. I had to still apply my usual routine with this e.g. Moisteriser, Concealer and my Lily Lolo Blush Away. It really didn't hind my imperfections (I have a lot).


There are a lot things to like about this I am just not convinced it is right for me, even if the colour matched. But I know there will be a lot of people that this would suit and that would like it. But if I took this as being just a normal foundation base than I think it would be good.


Here is the swatch next to my other foundations,

L-R Bourjois 10hr Sleep Effect in shade 71, Boots No7 Lift & Luminate in Alabaster, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Porcelain, Liz Earle Skin Tint in Fair, Missha BB Cream in No 13, Estée Lauder Invisible fluid in 1CN1. Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow in I'm pure 4 sure, Lancôme Teint Idile Ultra 24hr in 005 Beige and Superdrug BB Cream in Light. As you can see it very dark next to the other shades.


The next on my list to try is MUA BB Cream in light as that does look like it might be more of a colour match for me.

What do you think?



Thanks

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...